Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stokely and the New Litter Box

In my house on the Cape, there was a little closet in the living room that perfectly fit Stokely’s litter box. In Denver, I knew I was moving into a tiny studio apartment. Given Stokely’s messy litter-scattering habits, I had to go for something with steeper sides to have any hope of keeping our new home clean.

What I bought was an obnoxiously large dog-house style litter box. Stokely knew right away that what it was intended for and he used it without hesitation. He then decided to multi-task while he was in there and laid down for a nap. Yes – he snuggled into the litter, put his head on his paws, and closed his eyes. I couldn’t believe it! Part of me was flabbergasted, part of me thought it was adorable, and part of me really didn’t want my cat to constantly be coated with his own poo.


Fortunately, after a few uses it became less appealing for him to doze in, and he has since found plenty more fitting spaces to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment