Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stokely and the Toilet Paper

This summer on the Cape, my roommate Paige and I quickly developed a list of reasons to keep the door to the bathroom door closed at all times. Left to his own devices, Stokely could frequently be found drenched from jumping into a yet-to-have-drained bathtub or from falling haphazardly into the toilet. Paige once even caught him peeing in the sink.

The last straw, however, was when I caught him running around with what I thought was a dirty tissue from the bathroom garbage. It turned out to be (clean) toilet paper, which I realized once I noticed that the entire roll had been unwound and dragged out of the bathroom, out of the house, and onto the porch. Not having an unlimited budget to spend on toilet paper at the whim of a kitten, we had a new house rule: keep the bathroom door CLOSED!

I had to spend my first night in Denver in a hotel, since I couldn’t move into the apartment until September 1st. It was a nice room, but it had a weird bathroom door that slid into the wall, so I didn’t think to close it right away. Sure enough, Stokely soon gave me reason to, as evidenced by this photo:




I can only imagine what the hotel’s housekeeping staff thought when they saw half of the toilet paper unrolled on the floor.

1 comment: