Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stokely and the Noisy Night

On Wednesday I spent my first full day on campus, soon to be a biweekly occurrence. When I came home, Stokely was beside himself with joy to see me, and was his usual I'm-happy-to-see-you, snuggly self. I, on the other hand, was exhausted and didn't take long to to get ready and crawl into bed.

Not long after the lights went out, it started. The paper bag he likes to hide in rustled. The scratching post that arrived in box from home the day earlier was knocked over, it's rattle ball jingling on the way down. The light thump of a cat jumping onto a forbidden counter top came from the kitchen. Sharp little teeth nibbled on my fingertips. Padded paws ran across my back.

The poor kitten had been home alone all day, napping and dozing and eating and napping some more. He wanted to play! I wanted to sleep. Despite my fatigue, it took about an hour for me to fall into a sleep deep enough to ignore my neglected cat.

Thursday morning, since I didn't have class, I made sure to spend some quality play time with Stokely. I can tell Mondays and Wednesdays are going to be rough for him though! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment